Suz

s letter U letter Z

Monday, July 26, 2010

Tool #9

Jing:
Today, I watched some introduction videos of Jing and downloaded it. I have the sun on my desktop. I captured a web page to send thru screencast, but it did not work. I will have to try later. I can see how this would be neat for our kids, but I will have to play around with it more to really understand how it would be beneficial in the classroom.

Skype: I have seen Oprah use Skype on her show. That is the only connection I could make to it and the only experience I have had with it. After listening to the introduction video it seems very easy to use. I look forward to being able to use it with our new computers in our classroom. Unfortunately, I am unable to use it right now. I do not have the necessary equipment, but this is definitely something I plan on using in the future. My kids can discuss different objectives and learning activities with kids all around the world. What a great way to bring different cultures to the classroom especially when we do different holidays around the world and when we do our continent project in first grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment